In these tight financial times, many things that might seem mundane become luxuries. Hiring a cleaning service to clean your office should always be in your budget. However, there is no reason why you can’t do it just as the professionals do, so that you can keep your office looking freshly cleaned at all times. Here are a few tips to help you boost office aesthetics, impressing your clients and keeping your employees happy.
- Treat the job as a paid task. Pretend you are a professional cleaner and set aside a specific amount of time to reach your goal.
- Dress the part. Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that is easy to move in. Take into consideration that you will be doing a lot of bending and stooping.
- Make sure you have all the right tools and cleaning solutions you will need and find a way to make them portable so you can move from room to room easily. You want to make sure you have a good all-purpose cleaner, some bleach, broom and mop, vacuum, and sponges and wiping cloths. If you think you might be kneeling, invest in some knee pads.
- Before you begin, clean off surfaces and pick things up off the floor. You want to be able to move through your space without having to first move things aside. This will increase your efficiency and speed. Also bringing along some water and trail mix to keep yourself hydrated and full of energy.
- And make your job a happier one by playing music or putting on a radio or television.
- Take breaks when you need them.
If you remember that this isn’t your source of income, but something that needs to be done to keep your office operating smoothly, and if you consider what you need as well as what your office needs, you will be able to make your workplace spotless as well as the pros could. And you just might enjoy the job in the process.